If you love salsa but want something a little different this summer then Mango Salsa is perfect! Made from fresh ingredients this easy recipe works well as a side dish or appetizer.
This post contains affiliate links
Ingredients for Mango Salsa
- Mango – you need a fully ripe mango for this recipe. Don’t pick one that is still hard, or overripe.
- Red Onion – peeled and finely chopped, you only need a small amount to add flavor.
- Cilantro – separate the leaves from the stems and then finely chop it.
- Jalapeño – This recipe calls for one jalapeño but you can always add more if you like it a little hotter.
- Lime Juice – always use freshly squeezed lime juice, it tastes so much better! Don’t use bottled lime juice.
How to Serve Mango Salsa
If you prefer grilled fish then you might want to try adding blackened seasoning to the fish and serving the salsa on the side, the flavors complement each other really well.
More Easy Appetizers
- 1 Mango , chopped
- 2 tbsp Red onion , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Cilantro , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Jalapeño , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
Peel and dice the mango, and prepare all the other chop ingredients as listed.
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
Refrigerate, then remove from fridge 30 minutes before serving.
Best served same day, but will keep up to two days.
Servings – makes four small servings but recipe can easily be increased to serve more.
Storage – will keep in the fridge for up to three days.