Planning your next Potluck or Tailgate? Then you can’t leave without my easy Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe, it’s a great low carb appetizer that’s made for sharing and perfect for a crowd.
This post contains affiliate links
Three ways to make Low Carb Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
You have several options for cooking your Keto Buffalo chicken dip, I’ll list them below and you can choose the one that’s easiest for you!
- Stovetop – Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and add to the pan over a medium heat until softened. Then add the cooked chicken, Colby Jack cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Mayonnaise, Sour cream, Garlic powder, Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce and mix really well and continue stirring until it’s warmed through.
2. Oven Baked – Preheat your oven to 350°F then soften the cream cheese first in a microwave safe bowl (see photo above) and then mix in all the remaining ingredients. Pour the low carb chicken dip mix into a one quart oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes or until hot all the way through.
3. Slow Cooker or Crockpot – make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature, cut it into small pieces and microwave until soft then add to your crockpot. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. It will take 2-3 hours on low or about 30 minutes on high to heat the dip all the way through.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – FAQ’s and Tips
- Is buffalo chicken dip keto? My recipe is, yes. All the ingredients have low or no carbs making it a perfect lchf dip and very Keto friendly with only 1g net carbs per serving (the serving size is 1/4 cup)
- Precooked Chicken – This recipe is a perfect way to use up ready cooked chicken. If you don’t have any ready to go then you’ll want to try my Instant Pot Whole Chicken Recipe.
- Room Temperature Cream Cheese – make sure the cream cheese is really soft or you may have trouble mixing it.
- Make Ahead – You can mix everything ahead of time and add it (covered) to an ovenproof dish until it’s ready to bake. Just remember it will take a little longer to bake if you are baking it from chilled, and ensure that your baking dish can go from the fridge to the oven safely.
- Grate your own Cheese – ready grated cheese typically has starch added to stop it clumping in the bag, this can mean that the cheese will not melt as well as cheese that you grate yourself from a block.
More Keto Low Carb Dips
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
Perfect for Tailgating or your next Potluck, everyone will love this easy to make Low Carb Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe!
- 8 ounces Cream cheese , 225g, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Cooked chicken, chopped , 170 grams
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese , 60 grams
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese , 60 grams
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise , 60mls
- 1/4 cup Sour cream , 60mls
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/3 cup Frank's Wing sauce , 78 mls
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped for garnish , optional
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – Oven Baked
Preheat oven to 350°F
Soften the cream cheese first, I found this easiest to do in a microwave safe bowl.
Add the cooked chicken to the cream cheese along with the Colby Jack cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Mayonnaise, Sour cream, Garlic powder, Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce and mix really well then transfer to a one quart baking dish.
Bake until it's heated through and bubbly, takes about 20 minutes.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – Stove Top
Cut the cream cheese into pieces and then add to a medium sized pan.
Warm it over a medium heat until it's softened.
Add the cooked chicken to the pan with the Colby Jack cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Mayonnaise, Sour cream, Garlic powder, Frank's Buffalo Wings Sauce and stir well.
Simmer, stirring frequently, until the dip is heated all the way through.
Spoon it into a suitable serving dish and serve.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip – Slow Cooker or Crockpot
Make sure the cream cheese is already softened, you can cut it into chunks and microwave it and then add it to the slow cooker.
Add the cooked chicken to the slow cooker with the Colby Jack cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Mayonnaise, Sour cream, Garlic powder, Frank's Buffalo Wings Sauce and mix well.
Slow cook the dip for about 2.5-3 hours on the low setting, or for 30 minutes to an 1hr on the high setting until the dip is heated all the way through and all the cheese has melted.
Nutrition – Serving size is 1/4 cup (60 mls) of Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip, it makes about 16 servings.
Net Carbs Per Serving – total carbs and net carbs are only 1g per serving.
Cooked Chicken – I recommend you use leftover cooked chicken or use rotisserie chicken, I haven’t tried canned chicken but I can’t imagine it would have much flavor.
Cheeses – you can substitute regular cheddar for sharp if you need to, but sharp cheese has has a stronger flavor that works well in this dip. For both cheeses I recommend you grate your own instead of buying bagged. Ready grated cheese has added starch which means it does not always melt quite as well as if you do it yourself.
Make Ahead – mix all the ingredients as directed and add it to an ovenproof dish until it’s ready to bake. It will take a little longer to bake if you are baking it from chilled, and make sure that your baking dish can safely go from the chilled in the fridge straight to a hot oven safely. If you are making it on the stove it can easily be reheated in the same way.
Leave a Comment