Keto Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice, it’s a thing! In case you’re totally confused reading low carb and rice in the same sentence, well fear not as the ‘rice’ in this case is simply cauliflower rice which is a great substitute for the real thing, tastes great, is low in calories and carbs and will fill you up!
This post contains affiliate links
Tips for making Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice
- Prepare the meat and vegetables before you start to cook, this recipe comes together quickly once you start cooking so you need to be prepared!
- Don’t have coconut aminos? No problem, simply use a low sodium gluten free soy sauce instead (you may need to reduce the amount, it’s much saltier)
- You can switch out the bell peppers and green beans for other vegetables you prefer, but that may change the macros if you’re counting them.
- You can make your own cauliflower rice, but these days I prefer to buy it fresh or frozen as it’s much more convenient and less messy
- Cauliflower rice is best served soon after you cook it, the cauliflower tends to soften more over time and it’s not as nice reheated.
MORE KETO LOW CARB RECIPES
Keto Low Carb Chicken Lettuce Wraps | Keto Low Carb Chicken Fried Steak | Low Carb Chicken Parmesan | Instant Pot Greek Chicken | Chicken Tikka Masala | Low Carb Chicken Salad | Keto Low Carb Chicken Divan
NEED SOME MORE SUPPORT ON YOUR KETO LOW CARB JOURNEY?
Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice
Easy Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice recipe you'll love! Perfect for your Keto and low carb lifestyle.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 24 oz cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil , or any high heat oil, divided
- 2 large eggs , whisked
- 1/2 red bell pepper , diced - 3oz
- 1 cup green beans , cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions , sliced - 1.25oz
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
Season the Chicken
Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces and then season with salt and set aside.
Cook the Cauliflower Rice
If using frozen frozen cauliflower rice, cook according to bag instructions and drain any liquid off by sitting it in a sieve over a bowl.
If you have fresh cauliflower rice you'll need to saute it over a medium low heat for about 5 minutes or until just tender, and as above sit it in a sieve over a bowl to drain excess liquid
Cook the Chicken
Add a little more oil to the wok if you need to, then add the chicken pieces to the hot wok and cook for 2-4 minutes or until cooked through, then set aside, or move chicken to the sides of the wok so you can cook the egg in the middle of the wok.
Cook the Egg
Beat the eggs, then cook in a hot wok with 1 tbsp of oil, stirring all the time to scramble it for about 1-2 minutes, then remove egg (and chicken if still in there) and set aside.
Next add the red bell pepper, green beans, and green onions to the wok and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
Return the cooked cauliflower rice, scrambled eggs, and cooked chicken to the pan along with the toasted sesame oil and soy sauce, and cook for just enough time to warm everything, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot, taste, and add more soy sauce as desired.
Don't forget to join our Keto Low Carb Facebook Group!
6g net carbs per serving, assuming six servings for this recipe.