Keto Low Carb Chicken Divan is a total healthy makeover of this classic American dish. There’s no cream of anything soup here, and no refined sugar or flour, but y’all, it still tastes great!
My easy Keto low carb Chicken Divan has a wonderfully creamy cheesy sauce, I promise you won’t miss the canned soups! It comes in at around 6g net carbs per serving so it will fit well with your low carb and keto diets.
What is Chicken Divan?
Chicken Divan is a chicken casserole made with broccoli, chicken, and cheese sauce. Some recipes used canned soup and mayonnaise for the sauce, and sometimes curry powder is added.
This post contains affiliate links
How to Make Keto Low Carb Chicken Divan from Scratch
- Start by cutting the chicken into small pieces and then season with salt and pepper
- You need to steam the broccoli just a little, about 5 minutes should do it.
- then, pan fry the chicken to brown it on all sides.
- next you’re going to degalze the skillet with the sherry and the water.
- Now add the cream cheese, mustard, pepper, and onion powder to the skillet, and cook until the cream cheese is soft.
- Finally, Pour the cheese sauce over chicken and broccoli and add grated sharp cheddar and Parmesan, then broil.
More Keto & Low Carb Chicken Recipes
NEED SOME MORE SUPPORT ON YOUR KETO LOW CARB JOURNEY?
Keto Low Carb Chicken Divan
Keto Low Carb Chicken Divan is the perfect comfort food but minus the carbs!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs , 18.87 oz / 535g
- 12 oz broccoli , 340g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dry sherry , DO NOT USE COOKING SHERRY!
- 2 tbsp water
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese , 226g (I used full fat Philadelphia cheese)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese , grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese , grated
- Preheat oven to 325F
Cut the chicken thighs into pieces and then season with salt and pepper and set aside for ten minutes.
Steam broccoli for 5 minutes, or until just tender, then place in casserole dish.
In a large cast iron skillet heat olive oil then fry the chicken until browned on both sides for about 4 -5 minutes per side (depending on the thickness) and remove from skillet and place into casserole dish.
Add 2 tbsp water and dry sherry (DO NOT USE COOKING SHERRY!) to the skillet you just cooked the chicken in and deglaze the bottom of the pan, then simmer to reduce the liquid amount by half - do not skip this step!
Add cubed cream cheese, mustard, pepper, and onion powder to the skillet, and cook until the cream cheese is softened.
Pour cheese sauce over chicken and broccoli and top with grated sharp cheddar and Parmesan.
Bake for 20 minutes, and then broil briefly to brown the top if desired.
Don't forget to join our Keto Low Carb Facebook Group!
6g Net Carbs per serving
Do not use cooking sherry, it has additives and salt and will not taste good in this recipe (or any recipe!)
Don't use the ready shredded cheese, it has added starches and therefore added carbs, it's better if you grate your own.