Honey Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite weeknight meals as it has virtually zero prep time and requires no culinary skills whatsoever!
All you need to do to make your own Honey Garlic Chicken for dinner is to mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the chicken thighs, then cook in your slow cooker until done, it’s as easy as that!
Tips for making Honey Garlic Chicken
- I used coconut aminos for this recipe to keep it soy free, but if that’s not an issue I’d recommend you use a gluten free low sodium soy sauce instead.
- I prefer the chicken cooked on the lower heat setting in my slow cooker as I prefer the texture, but either way works.
- If you want to bake it in the oven simply add the chicken to a casserole dish and pour over the honey garlic chicken sauce, and cook for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- If you want to make it a little more crispy you can put the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes at the end of the cook time.
- Once it’s cooked you can serve it over rice or cauliflower rice to soak up that yummy sauce!
This post contains affiliate links
Kitchen Tools used to make Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker – it’s really easy to cook in a crockpot and you can buy a programmable model very cheaply.
Mixing bowls – I have this set and I love it as it gives me a ton of bowls but they take up very little space.
Whisk – I love this one, it’s my favorite!
Related Chicken Recipes
Honey Garlic Chicken
Super easy recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken that cooks low and slow in your crockpot or slow cooker!
Mix the honey garlic sauce in a small bowl.
Put the chicken thighs in your crock pot and pour the honey garlic sauce over the chicken thighs.
Cook on low for 4-6 hrs or on high for 2-3 hours, or until tender and cooked through.
Broil chicken thighs for a few minutes at the end if you prefer, this step is optional.