It’s so simple and easy to make, Peach Iced Tea Recipe made with real peaches and only three ingredients!
How to Make Peach Iced Tea
I first came across Iced Tea was when I visited the Southern USA for vacation several years ago (I’m a Brit) long before me moved here to live. Mr Noshtastic was offered ‘tea’ in a home we were visiting and was a little taken aback when it came in a glass with ice instead of hot in a cup.
It was even funnier (to me at least) when he tasted it and nearly gagged because it was as sweet as syrup.
My peach iced tea recipe is really easy to make and works best with fresh, in season peaches. I make a simple sugar syrup with the peaches and then add that to the tea mixture.
Not sure if you would get the same flavor from frozen peaches but it might be worth a try. The peach syrup will keep several days in the fridge, this amount only make about four 8oz glasses of Peach Iced Tea
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
MORE OF MY FAVORITE EASY RECIPES!
Delicious Peach Iced Tea Recipe!
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1 cup of sugar , 200g
- 250 mls water
- 2-3 tea bags , depends on type and strength
Wash the peaches and cup them up into small pieces.
Put them in a pan with the water and sugar and simmer for five minutes, or until soft.
Use a potato masher to smush them down some more, then cook on a low simmer for ten more minutes.
- Run the mixture through a sieve to get all the skin out, then you are left with your peach syrup.
- Make a quart/1 litre of regular tea.
- If you make sweet tea then it will be very sweet when you add the peach syrup, but it's really up to you!
- Add the syrup to your individual glass of cooled tea and stir well.
- Will make 2 - 4 8oz glasses depending on how much syrup you add.