Easy Weeknight Gluten Free Chicken Piccata,ready in less than 30 Minutes! This recipe is Low Carb, Paleo, Whole 30, low calorie, gluten free, and dairy free
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata was not on my menu until very recently but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it, It only has a few simple ingredients but it tastes pretty great!
I always thought it was a fancy dish, better suited to a dinner party but it’s really not complicated and cooks in about fifteen minutes. It has quite a tangy lemon flavor which I really liked but my ten year old did not, all the more for me then!
I’ve not included Parmesan cheese in my recipe because I don’t eat it. If you can tolerate it, a little cheese grated on top of the finished dish would be very nice I’m sure.
If you’re following the Paleo diet you could substitute the cornstarch with arrowroot instead and that should work just as well, and do make sure you rinse the capers before you add them to the pan or the taste could be quite overpowering.
I just ate the chicken as it was (I was hungry…) but I think it would be lovely served with green beans, over some mashed potatoes, or with gluten free spaghetti noodles, whatever you prefer! I made this in my Lodge Cast Iron Skillet which I LOVE, I cook almost everything in it!
*This post may contain Amazon affiliate links*
MORE OF MY FAVORITE EASY RECIPES!
- Oven Baked Italian Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30)
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Paleo and Whole30 Option)
- PF Chang’s Copycat Mongolian Chicken
- Gluten Free Honey Sesame Chicken (Paleo)
- Southwest Chicken Salad
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways, and toss them with the cornstarch (or arrowroot for paleo) which is seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of oil to a non stick skillet and heat over a medium high heat.
- Shake the excess cornstarch off the chicken and add two pieces to the skillet and cook for about 3- 4 minutes on each side till a little brown.
- Remove them to a plate and repeat with the other pieces of chicken, add a little more oil if you need to.
- Now add the stock, lemon juice and capers (rinse and drain the capers before adding them)
- to the pan, then add back the chicken pieces and cook for a further five minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.