Italian Chicken Pasta Bake is a real crowd pleaser that will keep the whole family happy and asking for more! I made my Italian Chicken Pasta Bake from scratch with chicken, pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and basil leaves.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links
Step by Step Guide to Making Italian Chicken Pasta Bake
Step 1 – Start by preheating your oven to 350F so it will be ready for your chicken pasta bake when you’ve finished with the other steps. Then, cook the pasta until it’s a little al dente in a large pot, and drain well.
Step 2 – Saute the onion until soft.
Step 3 – Add the cooked onions, cooked chicken, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper, and basil to the pot with the cooked pasta and mix well.
Step 4 – Grease a 9×11 baking pan and pour in half the chicken pasta bake mixture and sprinkle on half the cheese. Add the remaining pasta and top with the cheese.
Step 5 – Bake for 20-30 minutes until the cheese has melted and it’s heated all the way through.
Step 6 – Top with additional parmesan and chopped basil, serve hot.
Kitchen Items needed for Italian Chicken Pasta Bake
Italian Chicken Pasta Bake
Easy Italian Chicken Pasta Bake that's a real crowdpleaser!
- 12 ounces gluten free elbow pasta , 340g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion , diced
- 2 chicken breasts , cooked and cubed
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella , or Dairy free cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan , or Dairy free cheese
Preheat your oven to 350F
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box, drain well.
- Saute the onion until soft
Add the already cooked onions, cooked chicken, canned crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper, and basil to the pot with the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Grease a 9×11 baking pan and add half the chicken mixture and sprinkle on half the cheese, Add the remainder of the pasta with the cheese on top.
Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and it’s heated all the way through.
Serve hot with additional cheese if desired.