It doesn’t get much better than gluten free Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta! This easy weeknight dinner cooks in less than 20 minutes.
If you’re looking for a healthy homemade version of hamburger helper then you’ve come to the right place!
I made this Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta with gluten free pasta and none of the canned soups you might normally find.
My recipe is made with ground beef and lovely bacon pieces.
The sauce part is totally made from scratch with a combination of Worcestershire Sauce, cornstarch, beef broth and other yummy flavors.
Gluten Free Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe
I don’t know about you, but for me, life just seems to get busier and more hectic every day.
Often it means that cooking tasty, healthy meals that everyone in the house will love can sometimes be a bit of a challenge but I think that my Gluten Free Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta will make everyone happy.
I was looking through an old Taste of Home recipe book recently when I came across a very similar recipe and knew instantly that it would be something that I could tweak to cook on a weeknight without too much stress.
And most importantly I knew my family would enjoy it!
I have two boys at home and as predicted they really loved this recipe and even asked me to make it again.
My youngest son is eleven, he had two bowls for dinner and asked for a third, it was that good!
He even insisted on having a bowl when he came home from school the next day instead of his usual snack.
Did I mention how simple it is to make?
You can throw this together and have it cooked and ready to serve in less than thirty minutes, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry already.
If you are gluten free, or have gluten free family or friends this would be a very easy dish to make for them.
If they are also dairy free like I am then you can use a shredded vegan cheese substitute, it works just as well. Oh, and if you’re looking for a nice vegetarian alternative then you’ll love this One Pot Taco Spaghetti from Vegetarian Mama.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
MORE OF MY FAVORITE EASY RECIPES!
Gluten Free Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
It doesn't get much better than gluten free Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta! This easy weeknight dinner cooks in less than 20 minutes.
- 8 oz gluten free elbow macaroni pasta , 226g
- 1 lb lean ground beef , 453g
- 6 pieces bacon strips , cooked and cut into
- 1.5 cups gluten free beef broth , 355mls
- 1/2 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, or vegan cheese , 113g,
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or vegan cheese , 56g
Please watch my short recipe video before you start! It’s right below the directions.
- Cook the bacon first, I prefer to cook it on a sheet pan in the oven until it's crispy but you can cook it whatever way you prefer. Drain it on paper towels and cut it or break it into small pieces and set aside.
- Cook your gluten free macaroni according to directions on the pack, then drain.
- While the macaroni is cooking, brown the beef in a large skillet until fully cooked. If after cooking the beef has a lot of fat/liquid/juice left you can pour some of that off, I prefer to use lean beef and keep some of the juice as I think it adds to the flavor.
- Measure the beef broth,Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cornstarch into a small bowl or measuring jug and mix well to combine the cornstarch.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet along with the beef broth mixture, stir well to combine ground beef, pasta, bacon, and sauce.
- Cook on a medium heat until the sauce bubbles and thickens. If it's too thick for you, thin it out with a little more beef broth.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the skillet cheeseburger mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat until cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- serve hot.