Cauliflower Dirty Rice, can you think of a better way to eat low carb cauliflower rice than this? This is my take on a classic Southern dish, only this time we’ve made it into Cauliflower Dirty Rice which has way less calories and carbs!
TIPS FOR MAKING CAULIFLOWER DIRTY RICE
- Dice the chicken livers very small and remove and discard the membranes before you cook them
- Be sure to use Salt Free Creole Seasoning, the salt version can be too salty in my opinion!
- Prep all the vegetables and meat before you start to cook, this recipe cooks fast so you want to be ready to go!
- It’s best served right away, so only make as much as you need.
- Serve with Peach Iced Tea or Fresh Squeezed Lemonade (as long as you are not carb counting!)
Cauliflower Dirty Rice
Cauliflower Dirty Rice, a low carb take on a classic Southern Recipe! This recipe is Paleo, Low Carb, Keto Friendly, and Whole30
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper , finely chopped
- 2 stalk celery , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 8 oz chicken livers , finely chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef , 90/10
- 1 tsp creole seasoning , salt free
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Italian Parsley , chopped
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a wide skillet, and turn on to a medium heat.
Saute the beef, onions, bell, pepper, and celery for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken livers, garlic, creole seasoning, oregano, salt, and stir well. Continue to cook well until the chicken livers and beef are cooked all the way through and there's minimal liquid in the pan.
Steam cauliflower. For frozen, follow instructions on the bag. For fresh, remove beef mixture to a side bowl. Saute cauliflower in skillet on medium heat until tender, 5-7 minutes.
Return beef mixture to the skillet and fold together with cauliflower rice. Heat for 1 minute to warm and serve.