Such and Easy Chicken and Rice bake and packed with healthy vegetables too! My chicken and rice bake recipe has onions, bell peppers, and broccoli all packed in to make it a super healthy and tasty weeknight meal that everyone in your house will love!
Tips for Making Chicken and Rice Bake
- Grease the baking dish you plan to use so that the food does not stick to the sides when you bake it.
- I cook my own rice, but you could save a little time by buying a pack of already cooked microwaveable rice instead.
- If you are dairy free you can easily substitute one of your favorite dairy free cheeses to make this work, I like Daiya brand.
- This recipe is best eaten right away, while I have reheated it, it’s not quite as good.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
- Oven Baked Italian Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30)
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Paleo and Whole30 Option)
- Chicken Piccata (Paleo, Whole30)
- Gluten Free Honey Sesame Chicken (Paleo)
Chicken and Rice Bake
Healthy Chicken and Rice Bake Recipe that's a perfect weeknight meal
Preheat oven to 375F
Heat cast iron or non stick skillet, on medium heat and spray with a little cooking oil, then add onion, red bell pepper, broccoli pieces. Sauté for five minutes. Add soft cheese and stir until cheese softens.
Remove pan from the heat and add mozzarella, cooked chicken, cooked rice and stir well to combine.
Add mixture to a greased 8x8 inch baking pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375F for ten minutes or until it's hot all the way through and the cheese has melted.