A very easy nutritious Paleo, Whole 30, and Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad that requires no cooking and can be made in just a few minutes!
I ate out at Whole Foods a couple of times over the holidays, they have quite a nice selection of gluten free items on their menu that I can eat and enjoy.
One of my favorites foods to eat there is their Gluten Free Carrot Pineapple and Raisin Salad, I eat it with almost everything!
MORE OF MY EASY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE!
How to make Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad
It’s such an easy recipe to throw together and there no cooking involved so there’s not a whole lot to say about the preparation, but I will share just a couple of quick notes.
I used a bag of already shredded carrots from the grocery store the first time I made it. While it was very convenient to have ready shredded carrots I found that they were much more crunchy than freshly grated carrot.
What you choose to use is down to your personal preference and how much time you have! I used canned pineapple in juice rather than syrup as I didn’t want the added sugar.
I’m sure fresh pineapple would taste fantastic in this salad but I didn’t have any at the time. And lastly, I soaked the raisins in boiling water for a few minutes to plump them up a little, this step is entirely optional but I thought is softened them up a little bit more.
The salad will keep in the fridge for a day or two but the mayonnaise does tend to thin out a little bit after a day or so in the fridge, my last batch didn’t last that long as we ate it in one sitting.
MORE OF MY FAVORITE EASY RECIPES!
- Pineapple Salsa
- Oven Baked Italian Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30)
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Paleo and Whole30 Option)
- Chicken Piccata (Paleo, Whole30)
- Gluten Free Honey Sesame Chicken (Paleo)
- PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Copycat
- Company Pot Roast
Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad
- 1 lb grated or shredded carrots 455g
- 1/2 cup raisins 80g
- 1 tbsp honey - optional omit for whole30
- 1/3 cup pineapple, drained and diced small 65g
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mayonnaise 125mls - 175mls, or vegan mayo if not whole30
Watch my Quick Recipe Video! It's in the post right above this recipe card.
- This part is optional, but I like to add the raisins to a cup of boiling water for five minutes to plump them up, then drain and pat dry on paper towels.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and serve!
- NOTE: I didn't add honey as I thought it was sweet enough, but you may prefer it sweeter, honey is not whole30 compliant.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment below!