A very easy nutritious Paleo, Whole 30, and Gluten Free Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad that requires no cooking and can be made in just a few minutes!
I ate out at Whole Foods a couple of times over the holidays, they have quite a nice selection of gluten free items on their menu that I can eat and enjoy.
One of my favorites foods to eat there is their Gluten Free Carrot Pineapple and Raisin Salad, I eat it with almost everything!
How to make Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad
It’s such an easy recipe to throw together and there no cooking involved so there’s not a whole lot to say about the preparation, but I will share just a couple of quick notes.
I used a bag of already shredded carrots from the grocery store the first time I made it. While it was very convenient to have ready shredded carrots I found that they were much more crunchy than freshly grated carrot.
What you choose to use is down to your personal preference and how much time you have! I used canned pineapple in juice rather than syrup as I didn’t want the added sugar.
I’m sure fresh pineapple would taste fantastic in this salad but I didn’t have any at the time. And lastly, I soaked the raisins in boiling water for a few minutes to plump them up a little, this step is entirely optional but I thought is softened them up a little bit more.
The salad will keep in the fridge for a day or two but the mayonnaise does tend to thin out a little bit after a day or so in the fridge, my last batch didn’t last that long as we ate it in one sitting.
MORE OF MY FAVORITE EASY RECIPES!
- Pineapple Salsa
- Oven Baked Italian Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30)
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie (Paleo and Whole30 Option)
- Chicken Piccata (Paleo, Whole30)
- Gluten Free Honey Sesame Chicken (Paleo)
- PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Copycat
- Company Pot Roast
Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad
- 1 lb grated or shredded carrots , 455g
- 1/2 cup raisins , 80g
- 1 tbsp honey - optional , omit for whole30
- 1/3 cup pineapple, drained and diced small , 65g
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup mayonnaise , 125mls - 175mls, or vegan mayo if not whole30
Watch my Quick Recipe Video! It's in the post right below the recipe directions.
- This part is optional, but I like to add the raisins to a cup of boiling water for five minutes to plump them up, then drain and pat dry on paper towels.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and serve!
- NOTE: I didn't add honey as I thought it was sweet enough, but you may prefer it sweeter, honey is not whole30 compliant.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment below!