Crunchy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies that are really easy to make at home. If you are new to gluten free baking and you’re a huge peanut butter fan then this recipe is for you!
This Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies recipe does not require xanthan gum to hold it together, it works well with just the eggs and the peanut butter which help bind it.
I’ve chosen to use rice flour and cornstarch in this gluten free cookie recipe as are they are relatively inexpensive in comparison to some other gluten free flours, and they are easy to find in most grocery stores.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies Baking Tips
Gluten Free baking can be intimidating, but it really needn’t be that way! Here are a couple of quick tips for making my gluten free peanut butter cookies, they really are very easy to make.
- With this recipe and most other gluten free baking recipes you usually need to use more than one type of gluten free flour in your mix, you can’t often substitute regular wheat flour for just one gluten free flour and have success. For this recipe I’m using a mixture of white rice flour and cornstarch.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out the cookie dough in even amounts, it’s much faster too!
- I like to use precut parchment sheets if I’m making batches of cookies, it makes for faster and easier cleanup and if you are in a household that is not exclusively gluten free it provides an extra measure of protection by lining the cookie sheet.
- You can make these cookies dairy free by using a dairy free margarine suitable for baking, such as Earth Balance. Do not use the low calorie dairy free margarines as they have a higher water content and are not suitable for baking so they may alter the outcome of your recipe.
This post contains affiliate links
More Gluten Free Cookies You’ll Love!
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Gluten Free Brownie Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Crunchy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies that are full of peanut buttery goodness! Made with brown sugar, peanut butter and eggs, this is a super easy cookie recipe to make for beginners and experienced bakers alike
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Mix the gluten free flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl then add the flour mix and mix thoroughly.
Cover and chill cookie dough for 30 minutes.
Use a cookie scoop and place balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten a little with a fork, you can make a criss cross pattern on the top if desired.
Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet then remove from cookie sheet onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Betty Crocker