Carrot and Coriander Soup is a favorite soup of many Brits and you’ll find it on the menus of many cafes and pubs back home in the UK.
It’s full of winter warming goodness and a little touch of spice with the added coriander powder.
If you can find organic carrots and onions I think they taste better and more flavorful, but any carrots will work for this recipe.
Quick Tips for Making Carrot and Coriander Soup
- One of the keys to a really flavorful soup is to gently saute the vegetables for at least five minutes, especially if you are using onions, doing this helps draw out the sweetness in the vegetables
- To save time you can use a bag of ready peeled carrots, it makes the prep and clean up much faster and quicker.
- Use a really great broth or stock, this can make or break the flavor of your carrot and coriander soup so don’t settle for a broth that doesn’t have a great flavor!
- Don’t forget to season afterwards with salt and pepper, how much you need will depend on how salty your broth is.
MORE SOUPS AND STEW RECIPES!
I have a lot more soup and stew recipes on the blog so let me share a few of them with you, many of them are Paleo and Whole30 compliant so hopefully you’ll find another recipe you’ll love.
One of my newer recipes is for Butternut Squash and Apple Soup, it has a really rich flavor from roasting the Butternut Squash.
My most popular Soup recipe is for Gluten Free Zuppa Toscana, it’s gluten and dairy-free version of the Olive Garden classic.
And lastly how about Paleo Italian Meatballs with Marinara Sauce or Shepherd’s Pie? Both are very easy weeknight dinners you’ll love.
Carrot and Coriander Soup
Quick and easy Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe, a delicious spin on regular old carrot soup, it's perfect for Fall!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions , finely sliced
- 1 lb carrots , 450g
- 1 clove large garlic , crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2 pints vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cilantro , roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and the carrots.
Cook for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
Stir in the ground coriander and season well. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the stock and garlic and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
When the vegetables are cooked add the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add the chopped cilantro leaves after you have blended the soup, if you prefer the leaves to be cooked then cook the soup for a minute or two more.
Taste and adjust the seasoning as required
You can serve it as it is, or if you eat dairy with a swirl of sour cream on top.
Leave a Comment