Easy Cheesy Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and crunchy panko breadcrumbs and with a dairy free option!
Gluten free stuffed mushrooms
My Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms are fabulously tasty little flavor bombs! I was so pleased to find gluten free Panko breadcrumbs in Whole Foods last week and I knew that they would work perfectly for these stuffed mushrooms.
This is such a simple recipe, you can make it really quickly as an appetizer if you have people coming over to visit or you can make it for a light lunch for one person.
I used goat’s cheese and mozzarella to make them today, any other cream cheese would also work well. If you are dairy free you can use a vegan cream cheese and it will work perfectly well, I’ve used the Toffuti better than cream cheese to make Jalapeno Poppers in the past and it held up well after being baked in the oven.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
Ideally you want to cook these right before you serve them so that they are hot and the cheese is still all gooey and warm.
You can prepare the mushrooms, cheese, bacon, and breadcrumb mixture ahead of time, and even stuff them and put them on the sheet pan in your fridge until they are ready to cook.
I had mine in the fridge in the morning ready to go and then cooked them in time for the boys coming home from school, they loved them!
If you can’t find gluten free Panko breadcrumbs then you could use regular gluten free breadcrumbs but they won’t have quite the same crunchy texture as the panko, and chopped green onions would also be a good substitute for chives.
The only problem I had was that there was not enough, they were gone in a couple of minutes. If you are making them for a crowd you might want to double the amount you planned! I had to make a second batch to satisfy the hungry hordes!
- 1lb baby bella mushrooms (12 - 16)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4oz soft cheese (or vegan cheese)
- 2oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a dry paper towel to remove any dirt, then remove the stems.
- Cook the bacon until it's crispy, pat it dry with paper towels. chop or crumble it into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix together the cheeses, gluten free panko, bacon, and chives.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the mixture and place on the sheet pan, bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot!