Everything bagel seasoning lives up to the hype, I promise! This ubiquitous seasoning blend that comes from Trader Joe’s is all over the internet and people can’t get enough of it.
If you’re like me you don’t live anywhere close to a Trader Joe’s but still want to try some everything but the bagel seasoning you had limited options, until now!
I don’t know the exact proportions of the ingredients contained in Trader Joe’s Everything bagel seasoning but this a close approximation when looking at the ingredient label and my everything seasoning recipe tastes fabulous and will not disappoint.
How to make Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Ensure your spices are fresh, if they’ve been sitting in your pantry for over a year ditch them or your everything seasoning recipe will be stale.
- This is simple science and may be stating the obvious, but if you use fine ground salt, onion powder, garlic powder, etc instead of the flakes then they will simply filter through the other ingredients and sit at the bottom of your bagel seasoning mix. As long as you are aware of this it’s fine, you will just need to thoroughly mix it before use each time.
- Store your seasoning in an airtight container otherwise it will start to clump eventually.
What is in Everything But the Bagel Seasoning?
The everything Bagel seasoning blend found at Trader Joe’s contains sesame seeds, sea salt flakes, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, black sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
What Can I use Everything But the Bagel Seasoning on?
Everything bagel seasoning really is great on almost everything! It’s very versatile, but here are a few ideas for where to use it:
- Eggs – Scrambled, poached or fried
- Avocado – The flavors are a perfect match!
- Salmon – It will transform a plain salmon steak into something special
- Chicken – try it on grilled or baked chicken
- Steak – what could be better than steak with everything bagel seasoning?
- Roasted Vegetables – works with almost all of them.
NEED SOME MORE SUPPORT ON YOUR KETO LOW CARB JOURNEY?
Everything Bagel Seasoning
A Homemade version of the Trader Joe's classic Everything but the bagel seasoning mix.
Mix all everything bagel seasoning ingredients together.
Store in an airtight container
Please note: if you use fine salt instead of coarse salt, and garlic powder instead of garlic flakes, they will sink to the bottom of the seasoning mix so you will need to be aware of that and stir it really well before using.
Don't forget to join our Keto Low Carb Facebook Group!
Serving size is 1 tsp