A quick and easy treat with this no-cook homemade Gluten Free Rocky Road recipe!
I was looking for something I could make quickly for my son this morning that he would enjoy but didn’t require any cooking, I mean, it’s Saturday morning and I’ve got HGTV to watch!
My Gluten Free Rocky Road is a no cook, super easy treat that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, it requires zero culinary skills, only the ability to throw a couple things in your basket in the grocery store, and to click start on your microwave oven 🙂 I’ve tried to convince myself it’s healthy because it has almonds in it, but lets be honest, it’s a total carb fest.
You can choose from a variety of nuts, I think brazil nuts or macadamia nuts would be very yummy but my son has tree nut allergies (but not to almonds) so they are not an option for us. If you can’t do any nuts at all then perhaps golden raisins or some gluten free cornflakes or rice crispies mixed in would also be work well.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
- Melt the butter or margarine first and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, I usually do 30 seconds at a time and check and stir to see how it's melting, do not overcook.
- Once the chocolate has melted stir in the melted butter.
- mix in the marshmallows and nuts until fully coated in chocolate.
- place tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and leave for a couple of hours until the chocolate has hardened.
- makes about 12 individual rocky roads.