Delicious, quick and easy Dairy Free Lemon Curd that’s made without butter!
This is the best ever dairy free lemon curd, you’d never know it was made without butter! My dear friend Tricia made some for me recently with using dairy free margarine, it was super tasty and just the right balance of lemony sweetness, she shared her recipe with me and so now I’m sharing it with you!
When I was growing up in Scotland we would eat lemon curd all the time, it was not home made but out of a jar from the store and usually spread on toast. We ate Tricia’s dairy free lemon curd with some home made meringues and fruit, it was well received all round and is definitely something I’ll be making again, it’s just so easy and quick that you really have no excuses, you need to try it! All you butter eaters out there can use butter instead of dairy free margarine, it will work just the same.
No toast, fruit, or meringues? No problem! You can eat it right out of the jar on its own, ask me how I know…
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Dairy Free margarine (I used Earth Balance) or butter
- Combine lemon zest and sugar in food processor.
- Pulse to mince zest, then process until zest is as fine as the sugar.
- Add egg yolks, lemon juice, process 10 seconds.
- With machine still running, pour in melted butter or margarine
- Transfer mixture to double boiler and cook over low heat until thickened, about ten minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.